9 January 2017
The New Year is a great time for planning ahead and thinking about the home and how to de-clutter and create more space. We’ve put together a list of ten benefits for extending your home with a loft conversion. Here goes:
1. Creates more space by giving a home a whole new floor.
2. Provides extra daylight. Rooflights will normally not be shaded by other buildings, allowing the space to be flooded with natural daylight.
3. Rooflights and dormer windows can provide unobstructed views of the surrounding area.
4. Loft conversions are easily integrated to the home. Stairways can be added or continued for a seamless conversion.
5. Provides a bespoke space – loft conversion designs are very individual, enabling an opportunity for both the designer and the homeowner to add their flair and personality to the home.
6. Many loft conversions are exempt from local council planning permission requirements and only require a building warrant. This saves both time in obtaining statutory permissions and money with reduced council application fees.
7. Avoids the hassle of having to move house!
8. A loft conversion can provide a hideaway for extra privacy in large households.
9. It can make a house feel more modern, with a brand new floor.
10. Through time, a loft conversion can add to the value of a home and is therefore often considered a good investment.
All Design specialises in loft conversions and house extensions. For more tips and pointers on loft conversions, visit our recent blog or for a free consultation, visit us directly on 01224 701576 or email email@example.com.